Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tea Rooms of Today or How I Learned to Type with One Hand so I Could Masturbate with the Other


Cruising used to be so much more fun. Not just when you landed some nice hunka chunka but the actual act of cruising. Even before the day of the dirty book store there was the Tea Rooms. Eventually this termed broadened to include public restrooms, hotel restrooms (even lobbies or so I heard) or whatever spot the often closeted gay men could seek out and try for a little nooky. Now we have ManHunt and Gay.com and a plethora of cyber communities so you don't have to leave the comfort of your home to go looking for, well, sex. I like the days when you at least had a chance of knowing what a person looked like in the flesh before you "assumed the position". Now you really don't know who is on the other side of the screen or the keyboard or the cyber-nether-world. I recall a cartoon my friend Vera told me. Picture of a canine sitting at a computer in a sex chat room. The caption said, in cyberspace no one knows you're a dog. I always find the truth the funniest joke of all. And ain't it truth? I am constantly amuzed and amazed at some of the profiles I find on ManHunt. Now these are for real.
Crombie21 Age 23. Pic is a headless torso with chisled chest and 6-pack abs. Headline: Chances are what you want doesn't match what I want.
Benj086 Age 22, Similar headless pic. Headline: Not into old fat hairy dudes so don't even bother ( 27 or under). Now I assure you no self-respecting old queen would ever refer to himself as "dude"
Freshandrew3 Age 25 No Pic, Headline: Into masculine athletic men ( hmm sounds good to me) No girly guys unless your ass is the IT of all asses.
TopperIC Age 36, Pic is of waist to knees seated in a chair, wearing white undies. Headline: Only looking 4 hot mouth or tight ass to fuck. Young and in shape is what I'm into
Then there is the numerous profile pix of dicks. Now believe I love a nice "do do" (that's my name for a penis) but I'd really like to see the rest of you before I took the plunge, as it were. Some are so gigantic they can't be real, or they're a photo from a magazine or movie. I truly wonder what these guys are thinking. I think some just like the idea of getting another guy all worked and thinking he's going to connect with that end all of do dos. Then never really come through because they are nothing like the photo they have posted. They just get off on the fact that they have made someone want them. Now that I've finally joined the 21st century and started this blog, I do occasionally use the computer to cruise. I have a real photo of myself in my profile, you can clearly see my face and clothed body. I've yet to be able to take a picture of my do do let alone put it on the internet. I want everyone to know what I look like so there are no surprises if there's an in person connection. I naively expect the same from others but like I said, in cyber space, no one knows you're a dog. And I have been surprised a few times. So cruise on, men. Have fun but be careful. And remember this, "I'm not a size queen.....but I can be impressed.

No comments: