Monday, August 18, 2008

They're back....


Ah, life in a college town! I live in a Big 10 university town, The University of Iowa, go Hawks. ( I can't believe I said that). Tens of thousands of students monopolizing, parking, restaurants, movies, streets, they are everywhere. Then there's that wonderful, albeit all too brief period, in August when you can always find a parking spot down town, movies aren't too crowded and traffic isn't all jammed up. Sigh. You have to appreciate it while it lasts because it isn't long before they once again they descend upon my city. Then I look around and think hmmm....I remember now why this isn't all that bad. Cute, shirtless boys! They're everywhere. Tragic, isn't it? I'm thankful for warm summer weather that with any luck will continue well into September. Those college boys just can't wait to strip off the top for the smallest of reasons. Frisbee on the Pentacrest, a jog down the street, a stroll down the street, a walk down the street. Look at those flat little tummies, chiseled chests, bare bulging biceps. I could weep. I wish I knew who first designed those fabulous nylon shorts, I'd give him a big gold star and a medal. Can you imagine the titillation of spying the various sized bulges and wobbles in the front of those shorts. No tighty-whities for that one. Boxers maybe, most likely commando, especially when you can see the outline of........well....you get the picture. Some how it makes up for all the inconveniences of putting up with them almost year round. The cute, young, wide-eyed freshman fresh from the farm or the burbs or who in the heck cares where they're from, they here...........in my city..............wearing practically nothing.......... looking all so enticing.......... cute as can be......... all ready and willing........... for the looking. One can still look. Ah sigh.

No comments: