Friday, August 15, 2008

Thank my lucky stars for true friends.....


Something happened yesterday that I will surely write about in sordid detail at a later date. Suffice to say the information was given to me by the perpetrator and caused me to be more upset and angry than I can remember being in a very long time. When he told me, my vision blurred, I was numb, I was speechless. Slowly my senses came back and I cursed, boy how I cursed. Then kicked his little butt out of the house, hopefully to never lay eyes on the little prick(and I'm being way to kind) again. End of TV Guide synopsis.
Being so upset and angry what do I do, talk to my friends,of course. And what Friends (with a capital F) I have. Full of compassion and understanding, kind words and advice, tea and sympathy. They were there for me!
Naturally, my roomie, Vera (If you haven't you must read his blog) was the first to get the earful. Wise, wonderful, witty, Vera. He may get tired of my ramblings but still will take the time to listen and advise. After many years of living alone, I can't tell you how happy I am we now share a fabulous house.
Next would come my phone calls. First to Miss Matthew, who will always listen with his calm and occasional "hmm" or "oh, my". Modest, generous, creative beyond believe, loving and kind, his practically perfect personality is equaled only by his acting talent. He's like bloody Mary Poppins in pants. He and his pert and perky little partner, Mikey, are more like my family than friends.
Next, to Dr Chris, oh but if we all could have a renowned psychiatrist in our close circle of friends. Chris is truly one of the most amazing people I have ever known. Genius level smart, he can recite the entire acceptance speech given by a myriad of actresses at any one of the last 20 or 25 Academy Awards Show. I am not exaggerating His phrase, "it's all good" has kept me from jumping of the proverbial bridge many times. Sincere and kind to all, I am never ceased to be amazed by his calm, gentle, and gracious manner, intelligence and sense of humor.
I had to have some lunch with the boys so Tim, Rod and I sat at the Airliner with Southwest Salads and I told them my story. Tim is so sweet and he's going through some physical problems of his own, yet listened to me babble on about my problems. Always there, always sympathetic and understanding, always taking the time, I wonder how I got so lucky. And Rodney, never one to withhold an opinion he advised and counseled me not really on the emotional issues surging through my body but rather on some legal issues. Yes, yes, yes there are legal ramifications to all this. Rod's advice was sound and sensible and something that I really needed even though I didn't realize it at the time.
Finally, the elusive Miss Patti called be back. She's a saint, a savior, a slave to her church, always busy helping others. It seems her lot and place in this world. Strong and steadfast in her faith like few others. It's a comfort just to talk to her and hear her voice. But there are many sides to Patti, one of the finest musical-theatre actresses this town has known, she commands the stage, and a singing voice of rare beauty, strength, and power not unlike her, herself. Bless you PJ.
I realize how really lucky and blessed I am to have friends such as these and the many others yet to hear my tale of whoa. Just as the great Mother/Father Creator is always there for all of us, friends are there, all you have to do is call.........Love you guys

No comments: