Friday, October 10, 2008

We're well into October and everythings still so green.































The weather has been near perfect here the past couple of days. Sunny blues sky. Temp 70 degrees or just above. The tress just barely starting to don their fall colors but still mostly green. As is the grass.......darn it! And is still growing so I guess I'll have to cut it this weekend. Students are still parading about the campus in shorts. Ah, sigh. I do love the fall. But I still miss the "heat"of summer. I miss the beach. Not that there's a real beach here in the middle god-knows-where, mind you. Unless you count the beach at Lake MacBride which I don't. I mean the beaches of Florida, of Key West, of the Riviera. It's there that ALL of the scenery is the best. We get smelly dammed up river water with course brown sand and guys in baggy so-last-century swimwear. There you get the ocean or Mediterranean, soft white sand and really cute guys in speedos. Huzzah to that brothers and sisters. So as we bid farewell to the heat and the hotness of summer and welcome the crispness and hardness of fall, I give you some boys from the summer and the beaches.

No comments: