Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You'd better hang on to the red dye pot, Charmaine.

























After thinking about it for years, about six weeks ago I got my first tattoo. Yes, moi, a tattoo. Yes my first, implying there will be more. I spent a lot of time thinking about what the design should be. It has to be symbolic and personal, it has to really mean something to me. I finally had the perfect design. After researching which tattoo shop I should use, I went in to talk to the artistic. I wanted to see what he thought and more importantly at this point, get a good idea of the price. He loved my idea and the different images I brought to show him. He was booked, however, several months ahead due to devastating floods of last summer. Now that I had decided to do it and patience being the least of my virtues, I just couldn't wait. On Saturdays, they do walk-ins. By the time I had arrived that next Saturday, i was 4th in line. I had chosen a design from the many available for browsing in the shop. I just had to have something before the masterpiece goes on my arm. Still it had to be symbolic and of course cool. What is it? I decided on a sun design. With the flames, it's about 4 1/2 inches in diameter, I'd say. Beside the black outline, it has four colors, two colors of yellow, one of orange, and one of red. Where did I put it. It fits nicely right below my navel extending about 1/2 inch above my.........well you know.......pubic hair. And it is really cool! Eventually, I'll put a blue crescent moon on my ass. Get it. The sun and the moon.......? And it hurt like a son-of-a-bitch! Since he had to blend the colors, it meant going over and over the same area. Talk about burn, mama mia. But I was such a good boy. In fact, Steve (that my tattoo artist's name) said, he wished all his first time customers were as good as me. Ahhhhh. I so wanted to post a picture of the design but couldn't find one. Maybe I'll take a digital picture of it and post that.....hmmm or maybe not. In the mean time, here are some boys showing off their tattoos (and other delicious parts) for you.

2 comments:

kayce. said...

congrats on the tattoo (and thanks for the pics of the boys w/ their briefs pull just the right amount of down)... you are def more brave than me.

thanks for your nice comments on my blog. i would never, ever try out for top chef b/c i would be no competition for even the biggest losers on that show. maybe in a few years when i have been in charge of my own kitchen for a bit. =)) we'll see.

Dan said...

OMG - it is one of the most painfull places to get a tattoo!!!
I have 6. they are very addictive. :)