Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water....










I was walking home from the bus stop after work on Monday and as I approached the driveway I noticed the right rear tire on my car was flat. I'm not sure if was flat when I left for work as I face away from the car as I'm walking to the bus stop. I've had leaky tire problems in the past so I didn't think too much about it, at first. I managed to drive it up to the corner convenience stop and fill the tire with air. By the time I got back home it was flat again. Rats! Since it was already dark I had to wait until Tuesday put on the spare. So after work on Tuesday, I pretended to macho and got out the jack and the spare tire. Removed the lug nuts (I really kind of like that word), scraped my knuckles jacking (oooh, there's another one) up the car. Off with the old and on with the temporary. So Wednesday, I drove to work so I could take my little old honey of car, it's a 1993 Pontiac Sunbird, to the tire shop. Once the tire was examined, the service manager called me to the counter and said there was a slice in the side of the tire beyond repair. I would need a new tire. Then he told me it wasn't natural wear on the tire, it looked as it someone at punctured the tire deliberately. Well! Now who in blue blazes would ever do such a............OK........hold on........now wait a minute. Would he really do that? Now I've always been a highly intuitive person, some would say a little psychic others would say a little paranoid, and my intuition says, "It was as if God had created the devil and given him (a long sharp pointy object) jaws," yes, he would. Now being a firm believer in karma, in my heart of hearts I wish him, no ill will of any kind, no matter what he did to me or those I love. It's enough and I'm happy that he's out of my life. Still there's that little sarcastic, vengeful, bitch diva lurking in the corner of my mind who just want to say.........."Smile! You son-of-a.................."!

No comments: