Monday, September 29, 2008

New moon, new beginnings, new me






So there's a new moon today. If you follow astrology you know it's a time for new beginnings. A great time to start new projects. For me, it's a new fitness program. Fat, fat go away, go and stick on Doris Day. That's the mantra my old friend Gianni Opera and I used to chant. Well his name really isn't Gianni Opera but it sounds kind of classy and grand doesn't. Actually, it's John Work. Gianni is a form of John in Italian and Opera is work, well works, plural, really but Gianni Opus just doesn't have the same ring to it. John and I were always on some sort of diet or another. I recall the summer we decided to start riding our bicycles for exercise. We promptly rode them over to the Dairy Queen and snarfed down a couple of butterscotch floats. Still, we wondered why on earth we couldn't lose any weight. Any way, I back to my healthy eating habits. It's always good to a some special motivation. I'd tell you his name but I'm going to hold off for a few weeks until we for sure announce our engagement. I had a romantic compatibility chart done on us. Oh my! He could be the one. The Kodak song I so often sing to myself may happen yet. Some day my prince will come.... Until such time, I'll post a few more pictures of one of my fantasy husbands. Can you say hip flexors?